Complete OBGYN Care
Nezhat Solimani, MD
OB-GYN located in Bay Area, Mountain View, CA
Regular prenatal care is essential for ensuring a healthy mom and baby. It keeps you informed of your baby’s health throughout your pregnancy. If you are or suspect you may be pregnant, Dr. Solimani in Mountain View, California can provide expert prenatal care for a healthy, happy pregnancy.
Prenatal Care Q & A
When should I begin prenatal care?
You should schedule an appointment with your OB doctor as soon as you think you may be pregnant. During your first visit, your doctor will:
- Take a complete health history, including family history, past pregnancies, menstrual patterns, medication usage, and lifestyle factors including tobacco, alcohol, and caffeine use.
- Perform a physical exam, including height and weight to help determine your target weight gain during pregnancy, and pelvic examination to confirm the stage of pregnancy and due date, and evaluate the condition of your uterus, cervix, and vagina.
- Order lab tests to check your hemoglobin, immunity to certain diseases, and exposure to infections. She may also order fetal screening tests.
You may want to bring your partner or spouse to your first prenatal visit.
What happens during a prenatal visit?
Your first prenatal visit will usually take much longer than your routine prenatal visits throughout the remainder of your pregnancy. During a routine prenatal visit, your doctor will track your blood pressure and weight and check your urine for any signs of blood or markers for gestational diabetes or eclampsia. She will also measure your uterus to monitor the baby's growth and check your baby's heartbeat. At certain visits, your doctor may order routine lab tests or imaging studies. You'll see the doctor every four weeks until the later stages of your pregnancy, when you'll have appointments about every two weeks until your baby is born.
What should I do to stay healthy during pregnancy?
While every pregnancy is different, there are things you can do to promote good health during pregnancy:
- See your OB-GYN as soon as possible and keep all your scheduled appointments.
- Eat a healthy diet and take any prenatal vitamins and supplements your doctor recommends.
- Get regular exercise; ask your doctor if you are concerned about your current exercise routine.
- Try to get at least eight hours of sleep at night and take naps if you are feeling tired during the day. Limit your caffeine consumption and avoid alcohol while you are pregnant.
Accepted Insurance Providers
Please contact our office with any insurance related questions.
Words from our patients
"I liked seeing Dr. Solimani! She is such a warm and nice person! I trust in her experience as a doctor!"
"Dr. Solimani was able to diagnose my ovarian cancer although I was in her office for a different issue. She performed surgery on me, and I've been cancer free so far."
"Dr. Solimani is an incredible physician. I have been her patient for 6 years - through all 3 pregnancies. Dr. Solimani is very polite, kind, humble, and considerate."
"She is absolutely one of the best in the bay area!"
"Listens carefully and takes into account the needs of the individual and their family. Very considerate."